LASENOR INTEGRATES THE GRANULATION SYSTEM IN THE PRODUCTION OF SYNTHETIC EMULSIFIERS
Lasenor recently installed in its Barcelona plant the granulation system for the manufacturing of any type of synthetic emulsifier pellets.
Concretely, the new industrial technology and equipment installed enable for the manufacturing of synthetic emulsifier pellets with high and medium melting points, synthetic emulsifiers and compounds that are very difficult to make in a flake or powder form (with low melting points).
This manufacturing system in the form of pellets brings about significant advantages compared to the traditional production of synthetic emulsifiers in powder or flake form:
- No dust is generated when bags are emptied and they can be packed in big bags.
- Removing the powder is an increasingly appreciated circumstance for certain clients, who are starting to rule out products in this form due the issues they create and choose the pellet format due to its easier and cleaner manipulation.
- The clients who have tried the product in its pellet form can attest to the improvement in its handling compared to its flake form, due to the fact that it is more efficiently poured into the casting.
- On an esthetical level, a pellet product has a higher quality appearance compared to flakes, due to a better uniformity and lesser propensity to caking.
The production capacity of this new granulation system is extremely versatile given that, depending on the product’s characteristics, can manufacture between 400 kg /h to 1000 kg/h.
new industrial technology installed at the Lasenor plant in Barcelona
High quality pellet maker
In order to install this new industrial equipment, also known as a pellet maker, Lasenor has collaborated with Sandvik, one of the main global providers of granulation systems.
Thanks to its latest generation Rotoform ® technology, the system is extremely flexible, as it can handle a wide range of pellet sizes and temperature profiles, guaranteeing a high quality and uniform final product.
In addition to being extremely efficient from a performance standpoint, the Rotoform ® technology also enables processers to reduce their carbon footprint, given that cooling times are short, energy costs low, and gas emissions kept to a minimum.
The Rotoform® system was the first one used for chemical granulation at the beginning of the 1980s, and has become the standard solution for a wide range of chemical products, given its main characteristics:
- Hemispherical pellets uniform in size easy to handle and measure.
- Free flowing product facilitating transportation, mixing, storage and subsequent reprocessing.
- Hemispherical shape of the product and low friability ensuring a minimum amount of dust.
- High apparent density and excellent packaging and storing properties.
- Indirect cooling causing minimal environmental impact.
- Grinding or crushing unnecessary.