The use of specific lecithins in cereal-based products, such as cereal bars or extruded breakfast cereals, provides advantages not only in the finished product, but also in the production process.
Lecithin is commonly used as a sticking agent in cereal and granola bars, keeping all the ingredients together and balancing the chewy crunchy texture.
Different botanical origins are available depending on customer’s needs:
- VEROLEC® (soy lecithin range).
- GIRALEC® (sunflower lecithin range).
- SEMILEC® (rapeseed lecithin range).
EXTRUDED BREAKFAST CEREALS
Lasenor offers special lecithins that
- Facilitate the extrusion process.
- Reduce the quantity of broken pieces after the extrusion.
These special lecithins are part of the following product categories:
- VEROLEC HE® (hydrolyzed soya lecithin range).
- GIRALEC HE® (hydrolyzed sunflower lecithin range).
- SEMILEC HE® (hydrolyzed rapeseed lecithin range).