BREAD & BAKERY
Bread and bakery products are being produced, more and more, in large and automated factories, where specific process-related requirements must be fulfilled:
- The dough must resist significant stresses exerted by the machinery.
- The dough must be as standardized as possible to permit a continuous process.
- The shelf-life must be as long as possible.
- The products must have a minimum shape, color, and taste dispersion.
Lasenor proposes specific solutions for these applications:
LECISOL® and LECIRED® are our brands for lecithin on a carrier (in powder form).
GIRALEC® P (de-oiled sunflower lecithin in powder form).
VEROL® (distilled monoglycerides).
MOGLICET® (liquid Datem).
RELISER® (Release agents).
SWISSGUM C® (Functional system for bake-stable fillings and glazes).
Bread improvers and bread mixes often contain emulsifiers to enhance their performance. However, customers are increasingly seeking friendlier labeling to meet the final consumer demand.
That’s where Lasenor’s lecithin products, namely LECISOL® and LECIRED® brands and GIRALEC® P de-oiled sunflower lecithin,
come in handy. These products work similarly to liquid lecithin and provide benefits such as increased volume, even distribution of gas bubbles and starch granules, improved hydration of proteins, better workability of dough, enhanced rheological properties, and higher quality of the final product.
Additionally, the use of lecithin in powder form:
- Facilitates dosage.
- Reduces the necessary mixing time to guarantee homogeneous dispersion.
- Provides a smooth and extensible dough.
- Provides a stable crumb structure.
When making bakery products like Sponge Cakes, Swiss Rolls, or muffins, they are created using either raw materials or a pre-made bakery mix. The process of making these items must be efficient and easy, resulting in a spongy and delicious final product with a uniform texture and pleasing appearance.
The use of cake gels and hydrated emulsifiers allows the manufacturers of sponge cakes, Swiss rolls, pound cakes, etc., to:
- Reduce the egg content in the recipe, which reduces cost.
- Obtain spongier and larger products by maximizing and homogenizing air incorporation and stabilizing the batter.
- Obtain products with a more stable crumb, finer, and uniform texture.
- Improve the sensory properties.
Lasenor offers different ingredients to produce cake gels and hydrated emulsifiers, sold under the brand name VEROL®.
Lasenor® BK is a range of activated cake emulsiﬁers in powder form that make the production of cakes and bakery mixes easier. Thanks to spray drying technology and the effort of our R&D department, Lasenor has created a new line of emulsiﬁer systems supported on different food carriers according to customer needs.
In bakery, emulsiﬁers are often incorporated into the recipe as hydrates or cake gels. However, these emulsiﬁer systems require hydration or pre treatment. Also, they cannot be added as an ingredient into powdered bakery mixes used by the industry, artisans, or home cooking.
Those limitations are overcome with Lasenor® BK, which provides:
- Extended storage life.
- Easy dosage.
- Mix all the ingredients simultaneously in the so-called ALL-IN PROCESS.
- Reduce the mixing time.
- Suitability in bakery mixes and home cooking products.
Pastry fillings and glazes are used for decorating or as filling for flavor and specific texture to the pastry.
The SWISSGUM C® family are functional systems specially designed to develop a reversible gel during thermal treatment. These properties can be required in applications such as bake-stable fruit fillings and microwavable food.